Research and Analysis Focus
Doyle Research focuses on delivering high quality quantitative and qualitative analysis, forecasting, and market positioning to industry vendors, investors, and service providers. We help clients to target new business opportunities and fine-tune their messages. Research services include:
- Technology Spotlights, Customer Case Studies, and White Papers
- Intelligent Networks Advisory Service
- Custom Forecasting
- Strategic and Competitive Analysis
Evolution of Intelligent Networks: SDN, OPEX, and COTS. The Intelligent Network (both enterprise and telecom) is a critical part of the overall IT infrastructure. The Intelligent Network requires scalability, reliability, security, quality of service, programmability, and manageability.
The three (interrelated) leading factors impacting the Evolution of the Intelligent Network are:
- SDN: A range of software technologies, including OpenFlow, that bring increased flexibility, programmability, and virtualization to the network.
- NFV: Virtualization of a variety of applications in the telecom network, including the mobile core, policy/DPI, CPE, video, security, etc.
- COTS: Leveraging IT technologies such as x86, merchant silicon, and open source software to more rapidly bring networking technologies to market, improve flexibility, and improve price/performance.